How long does it take to get a notice that i-589 form was received by USCIS cnter?

New York, NY |
Filed under: Political asylum

Hello! My friend sent asylum i-589 form with all papers, copies and photo required. She lives in NYC and sent it to Vermont USCIS center. Now 3 weeks passed already and she didn't get any notcie or response that her application was received. How long does it usually take to get it and is it normal? Thank you/

Usually within 45 days they call for the asylum interview. It seems like the service centers are delaying a lot on the receipts nowadays. We are in California, and I have noticed that they are delaying in sending the receipt notice.
It should come in soon. If not call them.
Good Luck

Shah Peerally, Attorney at Law President of Shah Peerally Law Group PC Newark CA Important: The above is provided for educational purposes only. You should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. Cases differ and success in one case might not constitute guaranty of success in your case. We recommed to talk to a licensed attorney before you proceed. For more information on call us on 510 742 5887

It is usually 3 to 4 weeks. You should be getting it any day now. If you don't, just give them a call.