How long does it take to get a non-immigrant (V) visa for spouse?

Asked almost 4 years ago - New York, NY

I want my spouse to come to US in a non-immigrant (V) visa for spouse to wait for processing of the immigrant visa. How long will it take to get the (V) visa?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

7

Answered . It has not been possible to obtain a V visa for several years.

2. Nataly C Mendocilla-Navarrete

Best Answer

Answered . Below is the V visa eligibility.... In a nutshell, you would have had to file a family petition (and if you have not done so, filing for your spouse should be your first step) on or before December 21, 2000 and that petition would have to be waiting for more than 3 years.

V Visa Eligibility Criteria

- You filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, for your family member on or before December 21, 2000. This includes children (unmarried and under 21) listed on the petition.
    - The family member has been waiting at least 3 years since you filed the Form I-130.
    - The immigrant visa is not available on an approved Form I-130 petition OR the application to adjust status is pending OR the petition for an immigrant visa is pending.

****This information is generalized and should not be relied upon as legal advice; and this

communication does not create an attorney-client relationship*****