How long does it take to get a lien off a settlement check?

Mindoro, WI |

Lawyer settled with 100k and my health insurance paid my medical bills and my lawyer is holding the 100k, my lawyer is trying to reduce the lien? Maybe all of it? He has tried contacting them for 5 months and they finally got a hold of him after he threatened to take them to court, and now he said that he is waiting for the insurance company's lawyer to call back! How long does a process like this usually take? Couple weeks? Months? Years? Lawyer told me he at least wanted me to have loss of years work and pain and suffering

see numerous previous answers

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

I guess I need to clarify in my questions that I don't need people like you to chime in

It always takes time when you are trying to get them to take less money than they are owed. Remember that at the end of this it means more money in your pocket. All good things take time.

Just keep in touch with your attorney.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

It can drag on and on depending on who the insurance company is. It's frustrating, but does take time.

Business topics