How long does it take to get a lien off a settlement check?

Asked over 1 year ago - Mindoro, WI

Lawyer settled with 100k and my health insurance paid my medical bills and my lawyer is holding the 100k, my lawyer is trying to reduce the lien? Maybe all of it? He has tried contacting them for 5 months and they finally got a hold of him after he threatened to take them to court, and now he said that he is waiting for the insurance company's lawyer to call back! How long does a process like this usually take? Couple weeks? Months? Years? Lawyer told me he at least wanted me to have loss of years work and pain and suffering

1. Tajara Dommershausen

Pro

2

Answered . see numerous previous answers

2. David J. McCormick

2

Answered . It always takes time when you are trying to get them to take less money than they are owed. Remember that at the end of this it means more money in your pocket. All good things take time.

Just keep in touch with your attorney.

3. Benjamin P. Cloward

Answered . It can drag on and on depending on who the insurance company is. It's frustrating, but does take time.