How long does it take to get a fiance visa if my fiance is in the UK?

Asked over 2 years ago - Chicago, IL

How long does it take to get a fiance visa if my fiance is in the UK? She is a swedish citizen residing in the UK. I heard that visa application times vary depending on the country. I am looking for an attorney to handle the k1 and then the change of status after marriage. I am looking for more of an answer than find a local immigration attorney.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

13

Answered . 4 to 6 months

2. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Once you apply you should check processing times by going to USCIS.gov. If you find that your case is outside processing times it may be necessary to do an involved appointment at the Chicago USCIS office. In general, it takes around 6 months if there are no issues in the case.

Dhenu Savla, Esq
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com

3. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . About a year, although some people will promise you to get your fiance here in 30 days, it's not possible.

4. Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

2

Answered . It will take about six months.

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
    Hassan Elkhalil
    www.greencardusa.com
    (770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.