How long does it take to get a fiance visa if my fiance is in the UK?

Chicago, IL |

How long does it take to get a fiance visa if my fiance is in the UK? She is a swedish citizen residing in the UK. I heard that visa application times vary depending on the country. I am looking for an attorney to handle the k1 and then the change of status after marriage. I am looking for more of an answer than find a local immigration attorney.

It will take about six months.

Good luck

Elkhalil Law Firm, LLC
Hassan Elkhalil
www.greencardusa.com
(770) 612-3499

Disclaimer: This answer is for informational and educational use only. This answer does not create attorney-client relationship. For more details, I recommend a private consultation with an immigration lawyer.

4 to 6 months

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues. Once you apply you should check processing times by going to USCIS.gov. If you find that your case is outside processing times it may be necessary to do an involved appointment at the Chicago USCIS office. In general, it takes around 6 months if there are no issues in the case.

Dhenu Savla, Esq
SwagatUSA, LLC
www.swagatusa.com

About a year, although some people will promise you to get your fiance here in 30 days, it's not possible.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

Marriage and prenups topics