How long does it take to get a custody investigation

Warren, MI |

Me and my husband are divorcing, two weeks ago the court made a recommendation for a custody investigation, where my husband has to pay 400 and i have to pay 100 for this investigation. How long does it take before we get the investigation under way

1. It should happen relatively quickly, depending upon the agency or individual appointed to do the investigation.

2. You need to contact the court or the agency to ask that question.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

3. You should anticipate that it will occur shortly, but may be premised on the payment of the fees and therefore not scheduled presently. I would have to look at the recommendation.
    Additionally it appears that you are in a divorce litigation without representation. This is foolish. What you are doing will continue to effect you for the rest of you life.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, my answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement. For an appointment please call please call 586-778-0900 or contact brennanj@lawyermichigan.us via email.