How long does it take to get a custody investigation

Asked over 2 years ago - Warren, MI

Me and my husband are divorcing, two weeks ago the court made a recommendation for a custody investigation, where my husband has to pay 400 and i have to pay 100 for this investigation. How long does it take before we get the investigation under way

1. John F. Brennan

Answered . You should anticipate that it will occur shortly, but may be premised on the payment of the fees and therefore not scheduled presently. I would have to look at the recommendation.
    Additionally it appears that you are in a divorce litigation without representation. This is foolish. What you are doing will continue to effect you for the rest of you life.

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

1

Answered . You need to contact the court or the agency to ask that question.

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

Answered . It should happen relatively quickly, depending upon the agency or individual appointed to do the investigation.