How long does it take to get a court date for a denied work comp claim ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Union, MO

I injured my back at work and I'm looking for a lawyer to get me the medical treatment I need I have seen a Surgeon with my own insurance and he says I need surgery but comp says they will not pay for it if I hire you how long will it take to get us into court and how will you do this

Additional information

I apologize for asking how to do this my question is more how long does something like this take thank you

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Paul Andrew Seigfreid

    Contributor Level 2

    Answered . Because Missouri has placed the burden upon you to prove not only that you had an accident, but that your injury was predominantly caused by your work related injury, your question, simple on it face, is very complicated. In addition, unless you are well versed in the rules of evidence necessary to prove your case to an administrative law judge, you will have to retain an attorney. Hire someone in Union or Washington. Both cities have fine bar associations.

  2. George Ellis Corson IV

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If we told you how to win your claim for free, we would be unable to feed our children. That would be unfortunate, and you would probably still not drop change in our cups. : o

    We offer general concepts, but you should give ALL your facts to a licensed Attorney in your state before you RELY... more
  3. John M Connell


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . You need to look for a lawyer specializing in workers compensation near you. They can see you for free consultation and discuss the application process with you. The sooner you do this the better because the attorney may need to do some things prior to filing for hearing

  4. Larry Alan Apfelbaum

    Contributor Level 13

    Answered . You definitely need to hire a WC attorney. Make sure that WC is sbustantial part of their practice b/c the laws are too complicated for a genral practicioner to know the system and no matter how long it usually takes, an attorney will make it faster and expodentially increase your chance to win the benefits you need. Good Luck

    I am licensed to practice law only in Illinois. Any advice that I render is for general information purposes and... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,331 answers this week

3,223 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,331 answers this week

3,223 attorneys answering