How long does it take to get a court date for a denied work comp claim ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Union, MO

I injured my back at work and I'm looking for a lawyer to get me the medical treatment I need I have seen a Surgeon with my own insurance and he says I need surgery but comp says they will not pay for it if I hire you how long will it take to get us into court and how will you do this

I apologize for asking how to do this my question is more how long does something like this take thank you

1. Paul Andrew Seigfreid

Answered . Because Missouri has placed the burden upon you to prove not only that you had an accident, but that your injury was predominantly caused by your work related injury, your question, simple on it face, is very complicated. In addition, unless you are well versed in the rules of evidence necessary to prove your case to an administrative law judge, you will have to retain an attorney. Hire someone in Union or Washington. Both cities have fine bar associations.

2. George Ellis Corson IV

Pro

Answered . If we told you how to win your claim for free, we would be unable to feed our children. That would be unfortunate, and you would probably still not drop change in our cups. : o

3. John M Connell

Pro

Answered . You need to look for a lawyer specializing in workers compensation near you. They can see you for free consultation and discuss the application process with you. The sooner you do this the better because the attorney may need to do some things prior to filing for hearing

4. Larry Alan Apfelbaum

Answered . You definitely need to hire a WC attorney. Make sure that WC is sbustantial part of their practice b/c the laws are too complicated for a genral practicioner to know the system and no matter how long it usually takes, an attorney will make it faster and expodentially increase your chance to win the benefits you need. Good Luck