How long does it take to get a conditional license in New York State and what will I need to bring to the DMV?

Asked over 2 years ago - Angola, NY

My license was suspended about 5 months ago for non payment of tickets. I couldn't afford them at the time. I was pulled over for speeding and arrested for driving with a suspended license. I can't keep having people drive me to and from work. How long does it take to get one and what will I need to bring to the DMV?

1. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

2

Answered . You have to clear the suspensions before you can get any type of license.

If you clear them, you get a full license, not a conditional.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

2. Benjamin J Lieberman

1

Answered . If and when you clear up your suspensions you will be able to receive a regular license and you wouldn't need a conditional license.

3. Richard C. Southard

Pro

1

Answered . I do not believe given the facts that you present that you are eligible for a conditional license. Start working towards clearing up those tickets.

Richard Southard
    212-385-8600
    I am a former Deputy Bureau Chief with the Brooklyn District Attorney's Office who has been specializing in criminal law for over 15 years. I offer free consultations by telephone, in-office or by videoconference.