How long does it take to get a bankruptcy discharge in GA?

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

Filed in Dec. - had creditors meeting early Jan.

Haven't heard anything and would like to know. Thank you.

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

5

Answered . Your attorney can tell you more, but the date has to be at least 60 days after your hearing. Usually it takes a few weeks past that.

2. Jeffrey B. Peltz

Pro

5

Answered . You should receive your discharge during April. Once your hearing is concluded your creditors have 60 days in which to file an objection. The discharge usually is received 2 to 4 weeks later.

3. Jeffrey Branan Kelly

2

1

Answered . Check with your attorney to see if any creditor has filed an objection to discharge.

4. Robert Michael Fox

2

Answered . Creditors have a 60 day window to object after the s341 meeting. You should receive your discharge shortly thereafter, prior to the closing of your case, unless of course you signed a stip extending time for the trustee to object to your discharge.

5. Matthew John Cherney

Pro

Answered . If no objection is filed, the average time from filing is four (4) months.

6. Diane L Gruber

Pro

1

Answered . To understand the BK process, check out my "legal guide" on this subject on my profile page of this website. Good luck.