How long does it take to finalize a step parent adoption?

Longview, WA |

My attorney has social worker approval and seems to be waiting for the FBI background check?? We submitted that in August. How long once the background check comes back until the adoption can be signed by the judge, on the average?

1. You state you already have retained counsel. That ethically prevents any reputable attorney on Avvo - or anywhere else for that matter - from weighing in.

This site is not here to provide a forum to second guess your attorney.

Schedule an appointment to discuss this with your attorney.

2. I agree with Mr. Brinkmeier that this is not the forum for attorneys to second guess one another, and your own attorney is the best source of information about how long it will take to finish the process once the background check results are in.

In my experience it has been taking the FBI at least 3 - 4 months to process fingerprints, so the wait you are experiencing for the print results is not unusual.

Best wishes with the rest of the process.