How long does it take to be legally divorced with no children, property, spousal support, in Bronx NY?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Bronx, NY

I want to file an uncontested divorce with no children

Attorney answers (6)

  1. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I am sorry to hear about your situation.

    You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful. But, it depends how backlogged they are. I'd say maybe 6 mths. to 1 yr. APPROXIMATELY.

    I wish you the best of luck.

    Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

    Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.

    Hayley Greenberg

    Greenberg & Merola, LLP, Attorneys at Law
    91 N. Franklin Street, Suite 211, Hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 887-1975

    521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700, New York, NY 10175, (212) 593-6111

    Additional Offices: Queens & Brooklyn

  2. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The backlog in Bronx is about 9 months

  3. 4

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . That depends on which county you file in. Bronx County has a backlog of approximately 9-10 months. There are quicker options available if you reside in Bronx County.

    Please note that this general response to your inquiry does not establish an attorney-client relationship.You... more
  4. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Quite a while. The budget cuts in the court system have led to lengthy delays in processing paperwork.

    Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer... more
  5. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Backlog is at least 6 months. You may speed up the process if everything is submitted correctly right from the beginning, which is unlikely if you're representing yourself (no offense). At the least it pays to have your paperwork looked at by an attorney. Thus, you should schedule a follow-up consultation with a Bronx Divorce lawyer.

    * If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  6. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . As of this week they are still working on some June 2012 cases. Have a lawyer do your paperwork, there is discretion in picking another county to file based on several factors.

    If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Uncontested divorce

An uncontested divorce is one in which spouses agree on relevant issues such as division of property, child custody/support, and alimony.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

37,038 answers this week

3,905 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

37,038 answers this week

3,905 attorneys answering