How long does it take to be legally divorced with no children, property, spousal support, in Bronx NY?

Bronx, NY |

I want to file an uncontested divorce with no children

1. That depends on which county you file in. Bronx County has a backlog of approximately 9-10 months. There are quicker options available if you reside in Bronx County.

Please note that this general response to your inquiry does not establish an attorney-client relationship.You should consult with a competent attorney for advice regarding your particular situation.

2. I am sorry to hear about your situation.

You should contact an attorney to discuss your questions as additional information would be helpful. But, it depends how backlogged they are. I'd say maybe 6 mths. to 1 yr. APPROXIMATELY.

I wish you the best of luck.

Please remember that I do not normally monitor these questions after I have posted a reply.

Free phone consultation Monday — Thursday 1-5 pm.

Hayley Greenberg

Greenberg & Merola, LLP, Attorneys at Law
    91 N. Franklin Street, Suite 211, Hempstead, NY 11550, (516) 887-1975

521 5th Ave. Ste. 1700, New York, NY 10175, (212) 593-6111

Additional Offices: Queens & Brooklyn

3. Quite a while. The budget cuts in the court system have led to lengthy delays in processing paperwork.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

4. Backlog is at least 6 months. You may speed up the process if everything is submitted correctly right from the beginning, which is unlikely if you're representing yourself (no offense). At the least it pays to have your paperwork looked at by an attorney. Thus, you should schedule a follow-up consultation with a Bronx Divorce lawyer.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

5. As of this week they are still working on some June 2012 cases. Have a lawyer do your paperwork, there is discretion in picking another county to file based on several factors.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.