How long does it take the USCIS to receive the results of a criminal background check from the F.B.I.?

Asked over 3 years ago - Fremont, CA

Also does the Immigration have to see a clean record from the F.B.I. before they can approve a application?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

Answered . Usually a couple of months. You record does not necessarily have to spotless. However, if you have a conviction (or convictions) for a crime of moral turpitude, a controlled substance offsense, etc., this could affect your eligibility for immigraition benefits.

Please see

2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . I agree with the lawyer.

If you have concerns with your criminal record, discuss this with an immigration lawyer.

Goodluck.

3. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

Answered . You do not need a clean record, however be aware of any criminal conviction that could subject you to deportation and address that issue accordingly.

Goodluck