How long does it take the USCIS to receive the results of a criminal background check from the F.B.I.?

Fremont, CA |

Also does the Immigration have to see a clean record from the F.B.I. before they can approve a application?

1. Usually a couple of months. You record does not necessarily have to spotless. However, if you have a conviction (or convictions) for a crime of moral turpitude, a controlled substance offsense, etc., this could affect your eligibility for immigraition benefits.

Please see

This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It is not offered as, and does not constitute, legal advice. You should rely only on the advice given to you during a personal consultation, telephonic or in-person, by an attorney experienced in immigration law. In the event that you have follow up questions, please post them directly on this site. This does not create an attorney-client relationship and the attorney does not read unsolicited emails. Thank You.

2. I agree with the lawyer.

If you have concerns with your criminal record, discuss this with an immigration lawyer.

Goodluck.

3. You do not need a clean record, however be aware of any criminal conviction that could subject you to deportation and address that issue accordingly.

Goodluck