How Long does it take the NVC to schedule an interview after they get the DS-230 and the Affidavit of support ?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Immigration

When I check my status at the USCIS wesite my Case status is still in " Initial Review ", but the NVC sent me an e-mail asking us to pay the affidavit of support fees and then the I-864 and the DS-230. Now we did send everything how long would it take for them to process it and schedule? and what does a Priority Date means? Mine is 04JUN2010 ?

Thank you ...

At this point, the USCIS has nothing to do with your case anymore, so you can disregard the information on its case status website.

The priority date is the date that the I-130 was first filed. If your priority date is current, or the case is for an immediate relative of a US citizen, then the NVC may schedule the visa interview within one or two months after it has reviewed the I-864 and DS-230 package. Sometimes it takes longer, however.

Status checks no longer apply to you because USCIC is out of your matter.

This may be a few months for you.

My experience is that the time between paying the fee bill and interview varies by consulate. Scott D. Pollock