How long does it take in total for green card filling

Atlanta, GA |

How long does it take from the day I put the papers in to get my green card in atlanta Georgia. Will the process be faster if it shows on my husband naturalization certificate that he's married when we file. Because during the time he filed his N400 he indicated that he was married to me and so will it make the process faster or it's just going to be the same as others.

Generally, an applicant who has filed a properly prepared and document application package may expect to receive an Employment Authorization Document ("EAD" or "work permit"), and, if eligible, Advance Parole ("travel document") within 60-90 days of filing. The USCIS's Atlanta Field Office can be expected to schedule an adjustment of status interview within approximately 4 - 5 months. If the applicants and the supporting documents are well-prepared, so that adjudication approval can take place at time of interview, the "Green Card" generally is issued within about 10 days. If a case cannot be finally adjudicated at the interview, for example when a couple has not supplied all necessary supporting documents, the additional delay can be quite long -- the USCIS is inconsistent, but an additional 3 - 9 months is not uncommon. Identification of a foreign national on a spouse's naturalization forms can be useful evidence of the bona fide nature of the marriage, but won't be sufficient, and won't change the amount of time involved in the adjustment of status process.

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.]

David N. Soloway
    Frazier, Soloway & Kennedy, P.C.
    1800 Century Place, Suite 100
    Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com
    404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

[Note: Consistent with Avvo policy, this communication is intended as general information and not specific legal advice, and this communication does not create an attorney-client relationship.] David N. Soloway Frazier, Soloway & Poorak, P.C. 1800 Century Place, Suite 100 Atlanta, Georgia 30345 www.fspklaw.com 404-320-7000 * 1-877-232-5352 * dsoloway@fspklaw.com

2. Same. About 4-6 months.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. About 4 to 9months. The n-400 will not have any effect

4. You are confused. You need an attorney and soon. The process in Atlanta takes the same time as in most places from 4 -6 months, assuming your husband is a USC.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.