How long does it take for the security check (administrative processing) after the I 601 approval?

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

My i 601 is approved my case is undergoing adminstrative processing at consulate in islamabad Pakistan. What is the average time for the security check up?

1. Irene Vaisman

3

Answered . Congratulations on the approval. I do not think anyone can give you a clear answer on the timing of background checks. It all depends.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Jesus Antonio Cachaya

2

Answered . It depends on the consulate and what type of security checks they Are performing. My experience has been between 3 - 5 months.

3. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . Unfortunately, there is no set time.

4. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Administrative processing takes however long it takes for the consular post to resolve the issues that triggered it.

5. Cynthia Beth Rosenberg

3

Answered . There is no set time but I would follow up every 60 days, starting 60 days after the admin processing started, until they give you an answer

6. Lalita Haran

Answered . Only the Consulate could tell you after the fact.
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174
    www.haranlaw.com