How long does it take for the processes of i 130 filled for sister of petition living in pakistan if correctly filled??

Parkston, SD |

what documents are required along with i 130??

Approval of the I-130 takes 6-12 months. That's the good news

There is a waiting list of 10 years before the sister can get an immigrant visa to come to the US. That's the bad news.

Meet with an attorney, many of us use Skype, to discuss the forms, process and alternatives.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

The process between filing and approval takes on average six months. The process to get the green card is more than ten years because of the quota system. The documents needed are listed on the instructions - essentially documents that prove she is your sister. Birth certificates for both of you showing who your parents are, proof that you are a US citizen are a few must have documents. Best thing to do is hire an immigration attorney to help.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with my colleagues.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration