How long does it take for the National Visa Center to correct their mistake regarding my priority date?

Asked 4 months ago - Austin, TX

I was petitioned through I-140 and it clearly states in my I-797C NOA that my priority date is Jan 2007. When I checked with the NVC, their records show that my priority date is Jan 2008. I have asked them to review my file as there is clearly a mistake. I have sent them a copy of the I797C as well as previous communications with the NVC that should rectify the mistake but it had been 5 months and the status is still under review. The problem is in a month, the "Jan 2008" priority date which they have in file might be current even before they finish my request to correct their mistake. Please help me in which actions do I take. I am a Filipino.

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

20

Answered . Five months is way too long. Find an experienced immigration attorney to help you.

2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . I tend to agree that such delay may indicate something amiss in that case or even a possibility that the sent correction was not delivered or even lost. I suggest meeting with a local immigration attorney to assess your further actions to efficiently update the record as necessary to facilitate the case.

3. Morrie Pour Nourian

Answered . Normally NVC gets their information from CIS which transfers the file to them and rarely they make such mistakes. You need an attorney to review your file and correct the mistake where it happened.