How long does it take for the employer to prepare an H1B appliication?

Asked over 1 year ago - Boston, MA

My new employer is right now preparing an H1B application on my behalf so that I can work for them. I followed up on the status last week and they said they are waiting for the prevailing wage document which takes about 2 months to obtain, on average. Is this document ALWAYS needed? I am outside the US at the moment, but I have worked on H1B previously in the US and have also had H1B transfers. I don't seem to recall its taking so long to obtain the prevailing wage document. Or is this not needed during H1B transfers? Once they get the document, I imagine it will take them another 4 weeks or so to obtain the LCA and send everything off to the USCIS. Is this correct?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

15

1

Answered . It would be very unusual to time this much time to obtain a prevailing wage. It usually takes about one week to get an LCA approved.

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Know Your Rights!
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

5

2

Answered . It is entirely up to the resources knowledge and experience of the employer's attorney. If the employer does not have you - you are in trouble an need to sugest to them hire one immediately.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . Yes, prevailing wage is a required first-step for the LCA, which is required before submitting the H application.

But, it doesn't normally take 2 months ... it can be done in 2 minutes by going here:

http://www.flcdatacenter.com/

You should talk to their LAWYER and not a manager, and especially NOT someone in HR.

4. Richard Scott Roth-Sterger

3

Answered . It all depends on the experience and competence of your company's attorney.

www.theimmigrationguy.com

One or more answers have been taken down.