How long does it take for the dismissal of the case to process?

Asked about 2 years ago - El Paso, TX

I was charged with assault causing bodily injury and after successful completion of pre-trial diversion the case is getting dismissed. I got everything out of the way on the 15th of May, and they said it may take 2-3 weeks for the judge and district attorney to sign off on it, and just to keep looking at the county website until it says it's been disposed and then go get a dismissal paper at court, but my lawyer told me to keep looking every day though. Im in a rush because I really want to go join the army now! Anyone know from experience how long this might take?

1. Jeffrey Scott Davis

Pro

1

Answered . I wpould go ahead and start the process of enlishment. Let the recruiter know of the case that is being dismissed and that you are waiting to get him a certified copy of the order, if he wants one. You should see the order in the next 1 -2 weeks, if not, havwe your attorney check with the DA's office to be sure the dismissal was filed.

2. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

Answered . Usually several weeks to work its way through the bowels of the criminal justice system. I would check back every week and make sure you get a CERTIFIED COPY OF THE CHARGE AND A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE DISMISSAL ORDER. I am sure that your recruiter will want a certified copy of the dismissal. Best of luck to you. My wife served US Army for 6 years. Take care! Thank you, in advance, for your service to our country, sir!