How long does it take for the dismissal of the case to process?

El Paso, TX |

I was charged with assault causing bodily injury and after successful completion of pre-trial diversion the case is getting dismissed. I got everything out of the way on the 15th of May, and they said it may take 2-3 weeks for the judge and district attorney to sign off on it, and just to keep looking at the county website until it says it's been disposed and then go get a dismissal paper at court, but my lawyer told me to keep looking every day though. Im in a rush because I really want to go join the army now! Anyone know from experience how long this might take?

Usually several weeks to work its way through the bowels of the criminal justice system. I would check back every week and make sure you get a CERTIFIED COPY OF THE CHARGE AND A CERTIFIED COPY OF THE DISMISSAL ORDER. I am sure that your recruiter will want a certified copy of the dismissal. Best of luck to you. My wife served US Army for 6 years. Take care! Thank you, in advance, for your service to our country, sir!

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

I wpould go ahead and start the process of enlishment. Let the recruiter know of the case that is being dismissed and that you are waiting to get him a certified copy of the order, if he wants one. You should see the order in the next 1 -2 weeks, if not, havwe your attorney check with the DA's office to be sure the dismissal was filed.