How long does it take for the court to answer an appeal?

Asked over 4 years ago - Los Angeles, CA

I filed an appeal for a traffic infraction in March 2010 and haven't heard anything from the court. I was never asked to file a brief, what could be the problem?

1. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . You could try calling the court clerk and inquiring. Each department is more backlogged than ever because of budget cuts that have caused courthouse closures.

Disclaimer: Please note that this answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue. This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . The court are extremely backlogged. It could take months before you get a response.