How long does it take for police to track IP Address?

Saratoga Springs, NY |
Filed under: E-commerce Internet law

If a minor got naked on chaturbate.com, and assuming chaturbate reported it to law enforcement, how long would it take to subpoena address from the internet service provider and then track and make arrest?

1. They generally move as fast as they want to move. If they feel the need to expedite a subpoena, they will. It is really up to his cooperative the ISP wants to be.

The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship.

2. There is no set time.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and have been doing criminal defense work for over 16 years. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012 and 2013. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. Martindale-Hubbell has given me its highest rating - AV Preeminent - in the areas of Criminal Law, Personal Injury, and Litigation. According to Martindale-Hubbell”AV Preeminent is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence." Fewer than 8% of attorneys achieve an AV Preeminent rating. I also have the highest ranking – “superb” – on Avvo. The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Depends on the police and how quick they work. Consult with a local criminal defense lawyer shortly.

If this answer is helpful, then please mark the helpful button. If this is the best answer, then please indicate it. Thanks. For further information you should see an attorney and discuss the matter completely. If you are in the New York City area, then you can reach me during normal business hours at 718 329 9500 or www.mynewyorkcitylawyer.com.

4. The way you asked the question makes it sound to me that you might be in fear for yourself. If that is the case, you should speak to a lawyer before they find you. You may be able to head some of this problem off.

You may want to discuss your situation with a lawyer in more detail. Most lawyers on Avvo, including myself, offer a free phone consultation.
    _________________
    Andrew M. Jaffe
    Attorney at Law
    Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law
    attorneyjaffe@aol.com
    330-666-5026 www.netlaws.us

This post is provided for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice specific to you. This general information is not a substitute for the advice of an attorney in your jurisdiction. The attorney client relationship is not established by this post.

Business topics