How long does it take for police to track IP Address?

Asked about 1 year ago - Saratoga Springs, NY

If a minor got naked on chaturbate.com, and assuming chaturbate reported it to law enforcement, how long would it take to subpoena address from the internet service provider and then track and make arrest?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . There is no set time.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

3

Answered . Depends on the police and how quick they work. Consult with a local criminal defense lawyer shortly.

3. Mark Raafat Malek

Pro

3

Answered . They generally move as fast as they want to move. If they feel the need to expedite a subpoena, they will. It is really up to his cooperative the ISP wants to be.

The answer to this question is for informational purposes only and does not form an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Andrew Mark Jaffe

Pro

1

Answered . The way you asked the question makes it sound to me that you might be in fear for yourself. If that is the case, you should speak to a lawyer before they find you. You may be able to head some of this problem off.

You may want to discuss your situation with a lawyer in more detail. Most lawyers on Avvo, including myself, offer a free phone consultation.
    _________________
    Andrew M. Jaffe
    Attorney at Law
    Practice Limited to E-Commerce and Internet Law
    attorneyjaffe@aol.com
    330-666-5026 www.netlaws.us