How long does it take for me to be divorce in lancaster ca.?

Lancaster, CA |
Filed under: Divorce

Hi I file for divorce on 9/2011 and he got served he respond on 10/2011 and i got served we had mediation and came to agreetment.. but we don't have a court day.. how long does it take to be divorce?

It usuallly takes a few months due to the back log in the court, check with the clerks office they can give you a better estimate. Take care and I wish you all the best.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

I'm not sure that the divorce is necessarily moving along. If you had child custody mediation, that only settled part of the case. You may need to schedule another hearing through the Clerk's Office to get your case back on calendar if there are still other issues to be resolved.

This question is intended to be a summary of relevant California law where this attorney is admitted. It is not a complete answer or researched legal opinion. It is the policy of this firm to enter into a written fee agreement with all clients, and this answer does not create an attorney