How long does it take for insurance company to send papers to my attorney from section 32 settlement agreement for me to sign

Brooklyn, NY |

my attorney settled for 110k with insurance company how long does the process normally takes before i get a final settlement hearing before a WC law judge

is has been one week since my attorney met with insurance carrier on my Section 32 conference was offered 110k, how much longer does it normally take for insurance carrier to draft up paper work and send it to my lawyer

1. This is more of a Workers Compenstion question than a divorce question - but the answer is that the insurance company will usually drag its feet as long as it can.

Under the rules governing the conduct of attorneys in New York it may be necessary to remind you that this answer could be considered attorney advertising.

2. I have changed this to a Workers Comp. matter.

3. the longer the ins company keeps the money in its account the longer it makes interest, so be careful.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

4. It depends on whether or not you need approval from Medicare. If not it usually takes a couple of weeks. But it is best to ask your attorney as he/she will have the best estimate of the time frame.

Please remember the answer to this question is in general and without knowledge to the specific facts of your case. You should not rely on this answer when making important life decisions and seek a legal opinion based on your particular facts and circumstances.