How long does it take for insurance company to send papers to my attorney from section 32 settlement agreement for me to sign

Asked over 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

my attorney settled for 110k with insurance company how long does the process normally takes before i get a final settlement hearing before a WC law judge

is has been one week since my attorney met with insurance carrier on my Section 32 conference was offered 110k, how much longer does it normally take for insurance carrier to draft up paper work and send it to my lawyer

1. Howard M Lewis

Pro

2

10

Answered . the longer the ins company keeps the money in its account the longer it makes interest, so be careful.

2. William Ward Crossett

Pro

2

Answered . It depends on whether or not you need approval from Medicare. If not it usually takes a couple of weeks. But it is best to ask your attorney as he/she will have the best estimate of the time frame.

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

1

Answered . This is more of a Workers Compenstion question than a divorce question - but the answer is that the insurance company will usually drag its feet as long as it can.

4. Jeffrey B. Peltz

Pro

1

Answered . I have changed this to a Workers Comp. matter.