How long does it take for I-130 to go from inital review to desition?

Asked about 1 year ago - Richmond, TX

My husband filed an I-130 February 22nd. It's now been over 5 months since we filed and we still havent heard back from USCIS. The only thing we have received from them is the receipt. We are worried and very impatient, we wanted to know if this timing is normal or if there is something wrong? Thank You

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

1

Answered . It always depends on the case and jurisdiction. On the East Coast - about 6 to 8 months.

2. Dinara Maylov

8

1

Answered . About 6 months. You will hear from them soon.

3. Marcela Ortiz-Taing

5

Answered . Each jurisdiction is different, but typically 6-8 months in Houston. You can look on the USCIS website for typical times to process/case times processing. Good luck to you both.

4. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . Months. Best to hire local immigration lawyer to investigate.

5. Gunda Johanna Brost

Pro

2

Answered . Several months. 5 months is no unusual, do not be too worried. You can hire an attorney to investigate if the delay becomes too long. Best of luck!