How long does it take for I-130 to go from inital review to desition?

Richmond, TX |

My husband filed an I-130 February 22nd. It's now been over 5 months since we filed and we still havent heard back from USCIS. The only thing we have received from them is the receipt. We are worried and very impatient, we wanted to know if this timing is normal or if there is something wrong? Thank You

About 6 months. You will hear from them soon.

Months. Best to hire local immigration lawyer to investigate.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

It always depends on the case and jurisdiction. On the East Coast - about 6 to 8 months.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Each jurisdiction is different, but typically 6-8 months in Houston. You can look on the USCIS website for typical times to process/case times processing. Good luck to you both.

Responding to your question does not in anyway way create and attorney/client relationship. This response constitutes general information.

Several months. 5 months is no unusual, do not be too worried. You can hire an attorney to investigate if the delay becomes too long. Best of luck!

This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics