How long does it take for Form I129F to be approved?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Chicago, IL

While my wife is a US citizen and has already filed for Form I-130 and its been 5 months since she filed Form I 130 and now they want more evidence. Now we are thinking of filing for Form I-129F and apply for K3 non-immigrant visa. I live in Karachi Pakistan and my wife is in Chicago IL. Please advise.

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

1

1

Answered . If CIS wants more evidence, make sure your wife complies with the request. She bears the burden of proving your relationship is real and not a fraud for immigration purposes. Additionally the K-3 is not likely to go any faster than the I-130. Focus on the I-130 RFE response.

2. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

1

Answered . Times vary depending on the consulate, evidence provided and general administrative processing. It also moves more quikly if you work with an experienced immigration attorney who knows the ins and outs of consulate processing and the NVC.

3. William D. Fong

1

Answered . Initial K-3 approvals are taking over 6 months, then you have to wait for the visa interview at your home consulate. You can check at www.USCIS.gov.