How long does it take for an Expungement order to complete?

Asked 9 months ago - Mcallen, TX

I got an order of expungement in early October for a DUI arrest with no conviction. I was wondering how long it will take for me to be clear ?

1. Thomas Crosby Stephenson

3

Answered . Once the order has been entered by the court, it may take some time for all agencies with records of the arrest (DPS, the arresting agency, etc.) to actually destroy the records. I would give it a few months, but the order is effective once it is signed.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

3

Answered . This is really a question best posed to the lawyer who assisted you with the expunction.

Timelines seem to vary, but an expunction order has the force of law when the judge signs it.

3. James Richard Butler

Pro

2

Answered . Welcome to the age of computers. Companies who provide "public data" acquire their information on criminal activity from the Department of Public Safety and other sources. These websites continuously update their information, but it takes time before the old information is purged and updated with current information. Your Expunction Order usually is worded to apply to government entities, not private Websites. I would suggest that if you find a website disseminating your information, you send a Certified Copy of the Order, and a polite request that they cease and desist from disseminating that information. It could take as little as a month or up to six months before your record is "cleaned". Hope this helps.