How long does it take for a the state of Texas to issue a warrant for an unpaid speeding ticket?

Longview, TX |

I recently got issued a speeding citation in the state of Texas. I got the ticket on 7-12-12. It is now a month and a half later and I have forgotten all about it. I was wondering how long it would take for a warrant to be issued for my arrest due to my unpaid speeding ticket?

It would be a good idea for you to call the court clerk in the county of the ticket and ask what procedures they have in place to pay the ticket.

This answer is for informational purposes only. DO NOT rely on it as legal advice. Many times there are not sufficient facts to properly respond to a question. Nothing in this answer should be construed as creating an Attorney-Client relationship. If you need legal advice, you should contact a licensed attorney.

Although the ticket and the warrant are issued through the authority of the state, it is actually the municipality that issued the ticket that controls the warrant. Sometimes a court will delay a warrant for an FTA, and sometimes will accept payment of the fine on the ticket and a fine on the FTA to resolve the case and the warrant. It could be worth your while to retain an attorney, since the attorney might be able to get the warrant withdrawn, so that you can still get deferred or dismissal on the ticket. The insurance cost benefits alone could be worth the expense.

The above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses are merely intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney in your community. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state

Call the court or find an attorney to look into it for you. It is possible that you have not missed your court date yet. All of this depends on the individual court.