How long does it take for a the state of Texas to issue a warrant for an unpaid speeding ticket?

Asked over 2 years ago - Longview, TX

I recently got issued a speeding citation in the state of Texas. I got the ticket on 7-12-12. It is now a month and a half later and I have forgotten all about it. I was wondering how long it would take for a warrant to be issued for my arrest due to my unpaid speeding ticket?

1. Joseph Aragon

3

Answered . Call the court or find an attorney to look into it for you. It is possible that you have not missed your court date yet. All of this depends on the individual court.

2. Theresa Cay Langford

2

Answered . Although the ticket and the warrant are issued through the authority of the state, it is actually the municipality that issued the ticket that controls the warrant. Sometimes a court will delay a warrant for an FTA, and sometimes will accept payment of the fine on the ticket and a fine on the FTA to resolve the case and the warrant. It could be worth your while to retain an attorney, since the attorney might be able to get the warrant withdrawn, so that you can still get deferred or dismissal on the ticket. The insurance cost benefits alone could be worth the expense.

3. Stephen J. Isaacs

2

Answered . It would be a good idea for you to call the court clerk in the county of the ticket and ask what procedures they have in place to pay the ticket.