How long does it take for a mexican to get a visa number to adjust status? Im 25yrs old, but my mom applied for me when I was 20

Asked over 4 years ago - Denver, CO

My I-130 have been approved, and my mother is a legal resident, she applied for me when I was 20, and now I'm waiting for a visa number. I'm not married. Even though my I-130 application have been approved, there was no visa number avaible for me. My case was sent to the National Visa Center. My mother applied for me in March 2005, and last time I called the National Visa Center; they were processing cases from July 2004. What is gonna happen when they will process my application according to the date my mother applied for me?

1. Isaul Verdin

Answered . I would recommend that you set up an appointment or telephonic consultation with an immigration lawyer so the lawyer can carefully explain the immigrant visa process. You may not adjust inside the United States if you are in unlawful status at the time the Priority Date becomes current. So, if you are in unlawful status, then you need to assess if consular processing is the best option for you because you will likely have to file for a waiver.