How long does it take for a car accident suit

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, GA

i was in a car accident Aug 4th . of 2012 . hit from the rear and car was totaled out . did not go to the emergency room , no insurance . that was a Saturday . got a call from a lawyer , that following Monday . someone came to my house Tuesday and i was set for an appointment Thursday at the chiropractic . twenty - four days

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

15

Answered . It was a bad idea to hire a lawyer that solicited you. Good lawyers do NOT do that (they may advertise and promote themselves, but they don't call victims unsolicited). You should have studied about lawyers and selected an experienced one yourself.

Having said that, this is likely way too soon for a case to settle. Before any serious settlement negotiations, you have to complete all treatment and then your lawyer has to compile all your medical records.

2. Kevin Coluccio

9

Answered . A claim should not be settled until all the damages are known. If you have an attorney, set up a meeting with the attorney to review these issues. There is no set time frame.

3. Fareesh S. Sarangi

Pro

7

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys. It's Actually a violation of the ethical rules for an attorney to solicit you. While it's early for a case to settle, many of these attorneys are more interested in signing up cases then working them. Good luck to you

4. George Costas Andriotis

8

Answered . Impossible to answer your question give such limited facts and without thoroughly investigating the incident. Your lawyer is in the best position to answer this question as he/she is privy to all this information.

You'll need to treat for your injuries, have diagnostic tests performed, see a specialist if need be, calculate lost wages if any, etc. there are many pieces to the puzzle and it takes time to properly handle an injury claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  5. Jeffrey Mark Adams

6

Answered . Quality attorneys do not solicit.

6. Sam Louis Levine

4

Answered . You should retain an attorney if you have not already to assist you in asserting all of your car accident related claims. I am available to speak with as I am sure are others on this website. I can be reached at (404) 303-8875. Ultimately, you should hire an attorney that is experienced and someone that you are comfortable with. Best wishes & I hope you feel better.

Sam Levine, Esq.

Pro

5

Answered . Contact the disciplinary board, as this is not allowed. An injured person should make an informed decision about a lawyer, which is why there is a prohibition against this practice.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com