How long does it take for a car accident suit

Columbus, GA |

i was in a car accident Aug 4th . of 2012 . hit from the rear and car was totaled out . did not go to the emergency room , no insurance . that was a Saturday . got a call from a lawyer , that following Monday . someone came to my house Tuesday and i was set for an appointment Thursday at the chiropractic . twenty - four days

1. A claim should not be settled until all the damages are known. If you have an attorney, set up a meeting with the attorney to review these issues. There is no set time frame.

2. It was a bad idea to hire a lawyer that solicited you. Good lawyers do NOT do that (they may advertise and promote themselves, but they don't call victims unsolicited). You should have studied about lawyers and selected an experienced one yourself.

Having said that, this is likely way too soon for a case to settle. Before any serious settlement negotiations, you have to complete all treatment and then your lawyer has to compile all your medical records.

If you find this answer helpful, please mark it here on AVVO as helpful. In answering you, I am attempting to communicate general legal information and am not representing you (and am not your lawyer). Do feel free to call me at 404-768-3509 if you wish to discuss actual representation (the phone call also does not retain counsel; that requires an office visit and appropriate paperwork). In that a forum such as this provides me with limited details and doesn't allow me to review details and documents, it is possible that answers here, while meant to be helpful, may in some cases not be complete or accurate, and I highly recommend that you retain legal counsel rather than rely on the answers here. (You can also email my office at geaatl@msn.com . An email also does not retain my office, but can help you get an appointment set if you prefer not to call). I am happy to discuss possible representation with you. Any information in this communication is for discussion purposes only, and is not offered as legal advice. There is no right to rely on the information contained in this communication and no attorney-client relationship is formed. Nothing in my answer should be considered as tax-advice. To ensure compliance with IRS Circular 230, any U.S. federal tax advice provided in this communication is not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used by the recipient or any other taxpayer (i) for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the recipient or any other taxpayer, or (ii) in promoting, marketing or recommending to another party a partnership or other entity, investment plan, arrangement or other transaction addressed herein. I am also required to advise you, if your question concerns bankruptcy, that the U.S. Congress has designated Ashman Law Office as a debt relief agency that can help people file bankruptcy.

3. Impossible to answer your question give such limited facts and without thoroughly investigating the incident. Your lawyer is in the best position to answer this question as he/she is privy to all this information.

You'll need to treat for your injuries, have diagnostic tests performed, see a specialist if need be, calculate lost wages if any, etc. there are many pieces to the puzzle and it takes time to properly handle an injury claim.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

4. Quality attorneys do not solicit.

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

5. I agree with the other attorneys. It's Actually a violation of the ethical rules for an attorney to solicit you. While it's early for a case to settle, many of these attorneys are more interested in signing up cases then working them. Good luck to you

* Please note that I am an Attorney practicing in Georgia, but I am not your attorney. This post is intended to provide some helpful insight into your particular situation, but it should not be taken as legal advice. If you would like to discuss your Georgia Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, or Criminal case, I am happy to discuss your specific situation with you at no cost to you. I can be reached at 404-996-5157 or Fareesh@SarangiLaw.com. If you found this Answer "Helpful" or " The Best Answer", please click the tab indicating that. Thank you!

6. You should retain an attorney if you have not already to assist you in asserting all of your car accident related claims. I am available to speak with as I am sure are others on this website. I can be reached at (404) 303-8875. Ultimately, you should hire an attorney that is experienced and someone that you are comfortable with. Best wishes & I hope you feel better.

Sam Levine, Esq.

7. Contact the disciplinary board, as this is not allowed. An injured person should make an informed decision about a lawyer, which is why there is a prohibition against this practice.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com