How long does it take for a DA to review charges and in this case hopefully drop them?

Reynolds, GA |

Our attorney had me write an affidavit in which he then sent to the DA office it has been over a week and I haven't heard from our lawyer. Should I be concerned?

This question depends a lot on what your case is about, its procedural posture, and a host of other issues. Since you are represented by an attorney, it is not appropriate for another attorney to provide you with specific advice. Notwithstanding, depending on your case's particular facts, the prosecutor generally has as long as they want, up to the expiration of the applicable statute of limitations period, to decide whether to pursue charges; after the expiration, they may still have some time, depending on what occurred prior to the expiration. Good luck.

Ask your attorney what your next move should be.

We, online, cannot review your file.

You need to address this question to your attorney, the only person who is in a position to answer based on his or her familiarity with the facts and circumstances of your case.

You need to address this issue with your lawyer. In general, a week or two is not a long time. I would not be suprised if this took several months, even if the case is dismissed. The DA is unlikely to take your word for it (as to whatever it is that you put in the affidavit). If you are the defendant (which I hope that you are not), the DA will need corroboration of your affidavit. If you are the victim, the DA will likely want to meet with you and discuss the case (at least to make a determination of the accuracy of your affidavit and whether you were coerced into issuing it). You are going to have to be patient with this process.