How long does it take does it take for a citizen to file for her mother outside of the US

Asked over 1 year ago - Bronx, NY

After receiving citizenship 3years after marrying to a citizen

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

3

7

Answered . I agree. Depends on a consulate and facts of the case. Make sure mom does medical exam; you submit an affidavit of support on time, etc. All this can delay the process. Have a lawyer helping you, it's worth it.

2. Alice Antonovsky

5

Answered . You will need to consular process. If you are a citizen, the whole process will likely take around 6-8 months (give or take). I strongly advise you retain an immigration attorney to assist you, as filing a relative petition is not as easy as it may look. Good Luck.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . It depends on the Consul ... my estimate is 7 to 12 months.

4. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

2

Answered . Apply now. Once petition is approved, file goes to the NVC and then to the Consulate. It takes approximately 9-12 months for the entire process.