How long does it take children and youth to do an investigation and what if the child is still fearful of his life when abuse?

Tower City, PA |

I share my child with his other parent and his step parent and they were turned in for abuse and the child in question is the one who said they are doing it and they are continuing to do it over a few years time and the child just came out about it children and youth are involved and doing an investigation but the child is fearful as to what will happen to him if the "other" parents find out. how long does it take to make their decisions and if the child is still fearful what do they do. The child came out to me the other day about what all they are doing to him and it is horrible things. what can be done legally if they are already involved.

Unfortunately there is no set time frame on how long an investigation will take. The investigation is usually done as quickly as possible after the initial allegations are made. The social worker will need to gather as much information as possible before deciding if they will take the case to court. If you are already at the court stage I would suggest contacting a lawyer with juvenile dependency experience to help you navigate the process.

My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute your attorney's advice. Additionally, my response does not trigger an attorney-client relationship.

Child abuse topics

Recommended articles about Child abuse