How long does it take an asylum case before the immigration judge in Las Vegas?

Asked over 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

How long does it take an asylum case before the immigration judge in Las Vegas?Are there any backlogs, if my case begin now usually how long does it take until the end?

1. Michael M. Yalovenko

4

Answered . I would consult an immigration attorney practicing before the Las- Vegas Immigration Court-but remember what happens with the time frame now is subject to change in the future.... Good Luck!

2. K Alexandra Monaco

2

Answered . Current hearings for non-detained Respondents are currently being scheduled for the Summer of 2015 and later.

3. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

Answered . I agree with my colleague but judging by the fact that Las Vegas is not as busy a jurisdiction as others, you should probably be able to complete your hearing within this year.

4. Dean P Murray

3

Answered . I would not file an asylum application without a lawyer. Asylum applications are very difficult, and there are harsh consequences for frivolous applications. If denied, it would trigger immediate Removal proceedings if you do not have Status in the U.S. You should also be aware that you need to file within one year of entering the U.S., and not a day later!

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700