How long does it take an asylum case before the immigration judge in Las Vegas?

Las Vegas, NV |
Filed under: Political asylum

How long does it take an asylum case before the immigration judge in Las Vegas?Are there any backlogs, if my case begin now usually how long does it take until the end?

I would consult an immigration attorney practicing before the Las- Vegas Immigration Court-but remember what happens with the time frame now is subject to change in the future.... Good Luck!

I agree with my colleague but judging by the fact that Las Vegas is not as busy a jurisdiction as others, you should probably be able to complete your hearing within this year.

I would not file an asylum application without a lawyer. Asylum applications are very difficult, and there are harsh consequences for frivolous applications. If denied, it would trigger immediate Removal proceedings if you do not have Status in the U.S. You should also be aware that you need to file within one year of entering the U.S., and not a day later!

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
The Murray Law Firm
560 Sylvan Avenue
Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
T: (201)875-2600
F: (201)549-8700

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state (or, in the case of immigration law, and attorney in ANY state), whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

Current hearings for non-detained Respondents are currently being scheduled for the Summer of 2015 and later.

Recommended articles about Immigration