How long does it take an administrative law judge to issue a decision regarding an unemployment case in California?

Fullerton, CA |

My hearing was yesterday regarding a possible false statement on my continued claims form. Regardless of the decision, how long does it usually take to receive the decision from the judge? Thank you.

1. It depends on the backlog, which varies from office to office and can change from week to week. Here in San Diego, myy office just got a decision two weeks after the hearing.

*** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

2. As the other attorney stated, it varies, but you should generally have something within a few weeks.