How long does it take after signing the claim of release form to receive your settlement?

I just signed a settlement release form from Allstate and sent it to my attorney, about a month ago. I’m want to know how long does it take to receive my check? I asked my attorney, but she just tells me, that I will be receiving it soon, after the "settlement draft is received from the insurance company" How long does this usually take? Are my attorneys not telling me something?

Gilbert, AZ -

Gerald R Stahl

Gerald R Stahl

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Grand Rapids, MI

Good advice by Mr. Lessen. The check usually comes within days. Most of the time I will ask the adjuster when I can expect to receive the check. I ask that question so my client has a good idea of when To expect the money. The check has to go thru the attorney trust account, usually there is no delay. Ask your lawyer.

Christian K. Lassen II

Christian K. Lassen II

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Philadelphia, PA

Were there any liens your attorney is negotiating down? If not, it should be imminent...don't let the money burn a hole in your pocket when you get it..

Bruce M Squire

Bruce M Squire

Personal Injury Lawyer - Tempe, AZ

A month should be more than enough time for Allstate to issue a settlement check. Even if there are lien issues to resolve, that shouldn't hold up getting the settlement check in your lawyer's trust account. There could be other issues that might be delaying the issuance of the check. You should ask your lawyer why it is taking so long and if there are unresolved issues holding it up. If so, find our what those issues are and what your lawyer's plans are for resolving them.

Kevin M Garrison

Kevin M Garrison

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Peoria, AZ

Should be no more than 10 business days.

David Brian Snyder

David Brian Snyder

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Syracuse, NY

Not long. Usually this type of thing goes quickly. I would recommend you call them and ask after a week.

David B. Snyder, Esq.
6876 Buckley Road
Syracuse, NY 13212
315-451-3040
https://snyderlf.com/Syracuse_Car_Crash_Lawyer....
Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York where he practices personal injury work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

Jonathan Craig Reed

Jonathan Craig Reed

Car / Auto Accident Lawyer - Las Vegas, NV

I've done lots of settlements with Allstate. They can be difficult to settle with but once a deal is reached and they get the signed release from my client, the check usually comes quickly.