How long does it take a welfare fraud case to be investigated and charges to be filed?

Abilene, TX |
Filed under: Criminal charges Fraud

Will the accused be contacted?

The State has up to three years to file the case. They will not wait that long. Typically an indictment will come down within the first year. The State may or may not notify you of the criminal investigation.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at www.macyjaggers.com for more information about her services and recent victories.

Can they prosecute a person for welfare benefits from 5 years ago?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

They would have to contort the law in a very creative way. I don't see it happening.

To make sure i have a clear understanding they can only prosecute for benefits recieved in the last 3 years not before then?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

The state has three years from the date of the offense to file a case. If that answers your question.

I guess my question would be if a person recieved benefits from a certain period of time are you saying they could only be held responsible for benefits they got if any in the last 3 years?

Macy Michelle Jaggers

Macy Michelle Jaggers

I don't know another way to answer your question. This requires a more lengthy discussion of the facts. You should schedule a free consultation with a defense attorney in your area.

Ok i appreciate answer i dont have all the facts because situation pertains to someone else.