How long does it normally take for the UC Board of Review to make a ruling on an appeal to a referee's decision??

Philadelphia, PA |

I submitted my appeal on May 13, 2013. If they decided to deny my appeal, would I have been notified by now?? If they decided to review it, how long does it typically take?? I submitted the appeal on my own, and provided several citations of case law that I researched on my own to make my appeal. I also pointed out discrepancies (based on my evidence) and omissions made by the referee (that would have made me eligible for UC benefits had he mentioned them.) Good thing the hearing was recorded because some of the issues I brought up are part of the record.

1. You need to consult counsel that deals with employment litigation and related issues. That said, you are entitled to notice when a decision is rendered because that triggers other or further appellate rights.

2. Usually the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board will have notified the applicant about tis decision within one month, but there have been so many cuts to agency budgets that everyone is operating on a reduced staff, and things are moving slowly. Why not call the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board office and ask the status?

twitter.com/MikaSpencer *** All legal actions have time limits, called statutes of limitation. If you miss the deadline for filing your claim, you will lose the opportunity to pursue your case. Please consult with an experienced employment attorney as soon as possible to better preserve your rights. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer provides information on Avvo as a service to the public, primarily when general information may be of assistance. Avvo is not an appropriate forum for an in-depth response or a detailed analysis. These comments are for information only and should not be considered legal advice. Legal advice must pertain to specific, detailed facts. No attorney-client relationship is created based on this information exchange. *** Marilynn Mika Spencer is licensed to practice law before all state and federal courts in California, and can appear before administrative agencies throughout the country. She is eligible to represent clients in other states on a pro hac vice basis. ***

3. In Pennsylvania, it can take several months for the UCBR to issue it's decision on an appeal from an advise Referee's decision. Good luck!

This answer to your legal inquiry is based upon the limited facts stated in your question. Accurate legal advice is based upon an exchange between a lawyer and a client. The lawyer can then ask about other facts that may change or confirm the answer. Without that exchange, this reply should be considered limited in value. You should rely on this answer only at your own risk. Direct consultation with a lawyer is always recommended. Answering your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The answering attorney is licensed in Pennsylvania and all answers are given pursuant to Pennsylvania law, unless otherwise indicated.