How long does it normally take for the UC Board of Review to make a ruling on an appeal to a referee's decision??

Asked over 1 year ago - Philadelphia, PA

I submitted my appeal on May 13, 2013. If they decided to deny my appeal, would I have been notified by now?? If they decided to review it, how long does it typically take?? I submitted the appeal on my own, and provided several citations of case law that I researched on my own to make my appeal. I also pointed out discrepancies (based on my evidence) and omissions made by the referee (that would have made me eligible for UC benefits had he mentioned them.) Good thing the hearing was recorded because some of the issues I brought up are part of the record.

1. Terence Sean McGraw

Pro

1

1

Answered . In Pennsylvania, it can take several months for the UCBR to issue it's decision on an appeal from an advise Referee's decision. Good luck!

2. Marilynn Mika Spencer

1

1

Answered . Usually the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board will have notified the applicant about tis decision within one month, but there have been so many cuts to agency budgets that everyone is operating on a reduced staff, and things are moving slowly. Why not call the Unemployment Insurance Appeals Board office and ask the status?

3. Anthony Michael Solis

Pro

1

Answered . You need to consult counsel that deals with employment litigation and related issues. That said, you are entitled to notice when a decision is rendered because that triggers other or further appellate rights.