How long does it normally take for a i130 to be approved or denied?? can we send in the i130 and the i485 at the same time??

Islip, NY |

Me and my BF will be getting married and he will be my petitioner. We just want to know how long does the process normally take and is it okay if we send in both papers at once. Is it safe??

I you are married to a U.S. citizen, you may file both petitions at once.

Consult with a competent attorney or BIA-accredited representative before filing anything to screen for any potential and perhaps very serious problems.

Daniel Green, Esq.
845-853-7302/347-245-7078
Serving the Hudson Valley, Northeast, and the World Beyond
www.hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
lawyer@hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
Location: 684 Aaron Court, Kingston, NY
Mailing Address: PO Box 3238, Kingston, NY 12402

This answer should not be construed as legal advice and should not be relied on to take any action whatsoever; neither does it create a lawyer-client relationship.

Assuming the petitioner is a U.S. Citizen, then the petition falls under the immediate relative category, which means that the I-130 and I-485 may be filed at the same time. Now if the petitioner is a permanent resident, then only the I-130 could be filed at this point. The CIS website would give a processing time of about 4-6 months but we've recently seen processing times of around 3 months on average for immediate relative marriage petitions and adjustment of status applications. Hope this helps.

JP Sarmiento
Sarmiento Immigration Law Firm
www.sarmientoimmigration.com
1.800.496.8043

The process can take an average of six months. If your spouse is a US citizen the papers can be filed at the same time.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

Usually if the case has delays or flaws it may take up to six months, if a befeniciary has a U. S. Citizen spouse you may opt for a One Stop procedure filing both I-130 and I-485 along with requisite documents concurrently.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

Recommended articles about Immigration