How long does Is a restraining order good for in Texas?

Asked about 2 years ago - Grapevine, TX

How long is a restraining order valid?

1. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . There can be temporary restraining orders (TRO's) that are valid as long as the lawsuit is in litigation and there can be PERMANENT restraining orders that are forever. Additionally in family violence and stalking cases there can be PROTECTIVE ORDERS issued that range in time. Some can also be permanent.

2. Raymond Ellis Daniel

1

Answered . A temporary restraining order, which is often filed with a divorce, is valid for 14 days from the date of signing. It is valid longer in smaller counties. The TRO is usually made into a mutual injunction in divorce cases, and is valid for the duration of the proceeding. Most restraining orders do not survive litigation, though a permanent restraining order could be order if the right facts are there.