How long does ICE usually hold detainees?

Kansas City, MO |

I have a friend being detained by ICE. How long does this process usually take? It has been almost a week and he is still locked up. Does this mean he is being deported? How long can he be detained?

1. A lot more information is needed but it probably means they are placing him in deportation proceedings. I advise hiring an experienced immigration attorney who can file a bond request. I'm not sure if your friend qualifies for bond but if his charges are not that serious he may be released. Give me a call and I will give you a free consultation regarding your options.
    Regards,
    Nick Misiti
    Misiti Global, PLLC
    716 830 7960
    misitiglobal@misitiglobal.com

2. Your question is too vague. Your friend's detention depends on a number of factors like why your friend being detained. The next thing we have to then consider is if he comes under the mandatory detention rules or is eligible for bond. Most drug offenses result in mandatory detention. Then we have to consider if your friend has any available relief if he is released and whether he is a flight risk. So in order to answer your question we need more facts.

3. Your question is too vague. Your friend's detention depends on a number of factors like why your friend being detained. The next thing we have to then consider is if he comes under the mandatory detention rules or is eligible for bond. Most drug offenses result in mandatory detention. Then we have to consider if your friend has any available relief if he is released and whether he is a flight risk. So in order to answer your question we need more facts.