How long does I-130 takes to get approved?

Richmond, TX |

How long does I-130 takes to get approved? how long does the whole process takes if I presented the needed documents on time?
I am citizen
Filling for a parent who lives outside U.S

Time to get an I-130 petition approved varies. Usually around about 5-6 months, but lately I've been getting I-130s approved in 3 months.

Complete process usually takes 9-10 months.

The whole process will take 6 months to a year.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Generally 4-6 months. Then the case goes to the National Visa Center for further processing (and paying of filing fees). Only after the NVC is satisfied will they set an interview for your parents.