How long does I-130 take to get approved,my husband is a US citizen and he filed to adjust my status ?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I have received my EAD two weeks ago and have an interview in two weeks , why is my I-130 still in initial interview ? what does that mean ? does it stay that way till they approve us at the interview ?

1. Obadan Unuigbojie Iziokhai

Pro

3

Best Answer

Answered . Don't worry about it, just focus on your interview. It will change if your adjustment application is approved.

2. Nassim Arzani

Pro

5

Answered . You indicated you have your interview in two weeks. At that time they will interview the two of you and render a decision. If they approve your case you will receive your residency card shortly after the interview. This is assuming you are otherwise eligible to adjust your status in the United States.

3. Stephen D. Berman

3

Answered . Since it is the first interview, it is an initial interview. Often you get approved at the interview, each case is unique.

4. Jorge Ivan Pardo

4

1

Answered . If you filed the applications concurrently, then the I-130 will be decided the day of your adjustment interview.

5. Sreenivasarao Vepachedu

2

Answered . You can check your status at USCIS.gov. Greencard through a citizen spouse is very easy, unless there is fraud involved. When adjudicating concurrent filings, the determination of eligibility for the immigrant visa petition is made first. If the Form I-485 is approvable (which in certain cases requires an interview) USCIS will generally consider the adjustment application at the same time. Separate decision notices will be sent for both forms.

6. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Estimated processing times are as posted on the USCIS website.

7. Brent David Hessel

2

Answered . I have been seeing this more frequently in recent months - several clients have received their EADs just a couple weeks before going in for their interview. Overall, this has been good news as it has meant their applications have been processed quickly, leading to shorter than average overall processing times.