How long does forced partition of an inherited property usually take in Montgomery County Maryland?

Bethesda, MD |

My brother is not bankable and can't buy me out of inherited property and he refuses to sell it.

1. The question is really "how much?" The cost will be several thousand to you in order to push it through.

2. It can take at least 6 months and you may have a problem with potential liens on the property. Contact an attorney to review your options

3. A partition action is a lawsuit, which could take in excess of 6 months if your brother defends the suit.

DISCLAIMER: Brandy A. Peeples is licensed to practice law in the State of Maryland. This answer is being provided for informational purposes only and the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. For legal advice relating to your specific situation, I strongly urge you to consult with an attorney in your area. NO COMMUNICATIONS WITH ME ARE TO BE CONSTRUED AS ARISING FROM AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND NO ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP WILL BE ESTABLISHED WITH ME UNLESS I HAVE EXPRESSLY AGREED TO UNDERTAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION, WHICH INCLUDES THE EXECUTION OF A WRITTEN AGREEMENT OF RETAINER.