How long does faulted party have to repair property damage

Clemmons, NC |

Owner of another property had trees cut down, and in the process the fallen tree caused damage to my property. How long do they have to have it repaired before further action may be taken? Was told it would be taken care of, but was not given a date.

NORTH CAROLINA

I agree with Mr. Wright but will give a slightly different answer. The deadline to take care of the problem is whatever deadline you set. You should write to them and demand this gets done within a reasonable amount of time and then have a dialogue about it getting completed. If it doesn't happen, then your remedy is to sue.

2. Outside of your ability to timely file a lawsuit, there is no real answer as to 'how long' someone has to repair damage they caused your property. With some more details I would be able to give you a more precise answer and try to give you some advice in moving forward.

This message is intended as a general discussion of legal issues and not as a statement of fact, legal advice or a legal opinion. No attorney-client relationship is created by this message.