How long does faulted party have to repair property damage

Clemmons, NC |

Owner of another property had trees cut down, and in the process the fallen tree caused damage to my property. How long do they have to have it repaired before further action may be taken? Was told it would be taken care of, but was not given a date.

NORTH CAROLINA

I agree with Mr. Wright but will give a slightly different answer. The deadline to take care of the problem is whatever deadline you set. You should write to them and demand this gets done within a reasonable amount of time and then have a dialogue about it getting completed. If it doesn't happen, then your remedy is to sue.

Outside of your ability to timely file a lawsuit, there is no real answer as to 'how long' someone has to repair damage they caused your property. With some more details I would be able to give you a more precise answer and try to give you some advice in moving forward.

This message is intended as a general discussion of legal issues and not as a statement of fact, legal advice or a legal opinion. No attorney-client relationship is created by this message.

its a wooded area owned by a business. Its nothing but trees and woods. Its outside of my property area, but when the tree was cut down it fell and damaged my property. The tree was cut because it was a hazard. There are others as well that they plan to remove because of them being hazards as well. They came out to view the damage, but did not give a time as to when the remaining trees would be cut down or when our property will be repaired.