How long does an i360 takes to process

Lake Worth, FL |
Filed under: Immigration

my i360 VAWA petition was file in september 2012.i have receive my prima facie,along with my work permit.am on my second prima facie renewal.i have being checking on line for the service center processing time frame,.last month they were at march 2012.now in june they are still at mach 2012.to my calculation they are supposed to be at july 2012.is their a backlog on these petition?.can you tell me my estimated time frame,any answer will be grately appericated.

1. You are doing the right thing by looking at the Visa Bullitin. Sometimes the line doesn't move.

Free Consultation Anywhere in USA | 626-399-4194 |ICannHelpYouNow.com | John1Davidson@gmail.com

2. Regrettably, attorneys don't have a crystal ball that they can summon for such an estimation. At times, some applications are held back longer than others. Our office has seen petitions delayed for upwards of three years depending upon the facts and others that remain without a decision.

If the decision takes too long, then your only option is to file a Federal Lawsuit ordering the USCIS to do its job to make a decision. Congress often underfunds the USCIS which causes much of the outrageous delay. Regrettably, to some extent, the Congress members who are against immigration cut off reasonable funding to the agency's benefits section, which stops lawful immigration.

You may want to complain the Congressman in your Congressional District. Go to www.house.gov for more information. You may also want to find the names of the Congressmen and women who are against immigration to complain that they should help lawful immigration by providing more funding due to the outrageous delays. Let them know that many at USCIS who decide budgeting are afraid to ask for enough money to do their jobs, because those who are against immigration often question their judgment.

This may help you vent while you wait for what should not take more than a few months, but for the lack of enough well trained USCIS examiners. Good luck.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.

3. I agree with Atty Dixler.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. Yes, unfortunately there is a backlog. And one calendar month passing by does not mean that the USCIS will also start processing the petitions for the following month. I don't think your case is outside of the normal processing time. These cases are generally taking long. Also, note that in VAWA cases, the USCIS is very demanding about the legal requirements. You may very well receive a request for evidence. You should have an experienced immigration attorney handle your case. Check back if you need any help. Best regards.

5. We do not have any more specific information regarding processing times than that which is made available to the public by USCIS. Unfortunately, processing times can vary, and even be inconsistent with the target processing times reported by USCIS. You will have to be patient until it is your turn.