How long does an employer have to pay me my final wages and commissions once they fire me?

Roscoe, IL |

I was fired last week for reading a bodybuilding magazine and/or listening to other than christian music.

Generally, your employer has to give you your last paycheck no later than the next scheduled pay day.

As a general rule the employer has to pay the next business day, or the next regularly scheduled payday. You may request that the employer send your final paycheck to any address you choose, and you are entitled to accrued vacation. Because your pay is in part commissions (or so I assdume) you are not entitled to the commissions until they are earned -- which sometimes is in the future. without more facts I cannot say.
Your situation involves important and complicated matters of law and fact. I urge you to consult with a lawyer on this matter.

Recommended articles about Employment