How long does alien labor certification allow a foreign worker to stay and work in U.S.?

San Diego, CA |

Once a foreign worker is approved and starts to work for my business, how long does alien labobr certification allow a foreign worker to stay and work in U.S.? Do I need to renew the certification after few years?

.

1. You are talking about the labor certification process. As I explained in my earlier response, PERM is just the beginning of a complicated process. When the entire process is successfully completed, the foreign worker is a lawful permanent resident of hte United States - no extensions needed.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

2. A labor certification does not authorize stay or employment. That only happens once the person actually has the green card. With the green card, the person can stay indefinitely.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.