How long does alien labor certification allow a foreign worker to stay and work in U.S.?

Asked over 2 years ago - San Diego, CA

Once a foreign worker is approved and starts to work for my business, how long does alien labobr certification allow a foreign worker to stay and work in U.S.? Do I need to renew the certification after few years?

.

1. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . A labor certification does not authorize stay or employment. That only happens once the person actually has the green card. With the green card, the person can stay indefinitely.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

Answered . You are talking about the labor certification process. As I explained in my earlier response, PERM is just the beginning of a complicated process. When the entire process is successfully completed, the foreign worker is a lawful permanent resident of hte United States - no extensions needed.

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

Answered . I agree with my colleague