How long does a writ of execution,and wage garnishment last.can i ever get another account,or ever have a job with no garnishmen

Asked over 2 years ago - Brainerd, MN

i was sued for the remainding balance of lease(i was current but,but moved out and it broke the lease).There was a writ of execution and wage garnishment put on me.my i closed my bank acount before writ of execution,and i have lost my job.

1. Michael J Corbin

Answered . Writs and garnishments do expire based on time, but they can be refiled with whatever bank or employer you have until such time as either (a) the overall judgment expires (10 years, but can be renewed), or (b) the judgment is paid. Bottom line - if the creditor is determined to collect, there isn't anything you can do about it.