How long does a writ of execution,and wage garnishment last.can i ever get another account,or ever have a job with no garnishmen

Brainerd, MN |

i was sued for the remainding balance of lease(i was current but,but moved out and it broke the lease).There was a writ of execution and wage garnishment put on i closed my bank acount before writ of execution,and i have lost my job.

Writs and garnishments do expire based on time, but they can be refiled with whatever bank or employer you have until such time as either (a) the overall judgment expires (10 years, but can be renewed), or (b) the judgment is paid. Bottom line - if the creditor is determined to collect, there isn't anything you can do about it.

We can be reached at 507.334.0155. Our web address is: www. Answers on Avvo are not to be considered a response to a specific legal issue in a specific jurisdiction - they are to be considered only general responses to hypothetical scenarios posed by the questioner. For specific legal advice, please consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction. No information contained herein should be construed as a solicitation for business, an offer to perform legal services in any jurisdiction in which the attorneys of Corbin Law Office are not licensed, or the dissemination of legal advice. No creation of an attorney-client relationship should be assumed or implied. We are a debt relief agency. Corbin Law Office helps people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt