How long does a spouse have after the divorce is final to remove their belonging from the other spouse house?

Asked about 5 years ago - Orlando, FL

My divorce was final two years ago and my ex still has not removed her pesonal belongings from the residence I received in the divorce. Do I have to hold on to them forever or is ther a time frame in which they have to claim their belongings?

1. Brent Allan Rose

Answered . There is no set time limit under Florida law, but I think any judge would agree that two years is way too long. You should probably send a certified letter to your ex letting her know that, unless she removes her belongings within 30 days in some manner in which you both agree, you will sell or otherwise dispose of the belongings. If you know she can't get her belongings that quickly, for instance, she lives out of state, you may need to give her a little more time.