How long does a seller have to remove his personal property after the sale of the property if it is not stated in the contract.

Denver, CO |
Filed under: Real estate

Closing was 30 days ago and seller hasn't removed personal property.

1. There has to be something in the Contract that addresses this issue. Read the Contract more carefully.

2. There should be an understanding, in writing, between the parties identifying a specific date for the new owner to take possession of the property. On or before that date is ordinarily the deadline.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in a free consultation with Mr. Bryans, call The Bryans Law Office at (303) 832-2930.

3. This should have been included in the sale documents.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.