How long does a reckless driving stay on your DMV record in California?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fresno, CA

??

1. Michael Joseph Aed

10

Answered . I agree with Mr. Wapner. You need to be more specific. Were you convicted of an infraction or misdemeanor? Was it alcohol related? In general, the California DMV assesses points for traffic related offenses. Periodically, those points drop off your DMV driving record. If you get too many points in a period of time, the DMV can take action against your driving privilege and try to suspend your license. If you get a wet and reckless conviction, the DMV may still suspend your license for driving over the legal limit (.08%) even though weren't convicted of that offense.

2. Terry Alan Wapner

Pro

8

Answered . I'm not really sure what your're asking. If you mean, how long can a alcohol related reckless can be used as a prior....that would be 10 years (at this time). Otherwise, you will need to be more specific.

3. Eric Paul Ganci

Pro

5

Answered . I believe 7 years..

Disclaimer: This was not legal advice, and in no way formed an attorney-client relationship.
  4. Darryl Wayne Genis

4

Answered . A Reckless Driving Conviction can be either a Non Alcohol Related or "Dry" Reckless which would stay on your driving record as two points for 3 years, or it could be an Alcohol Releated or "Wet" reckless, in which case the points will stay on your record for 3 years, but the offense will stay on your record as a chargable prior alcohol conviction for 10 years (and that length of time could be changed to a longer time without your consent by a change in law, as has happened several times in the past.